From CLEs to after-work networking events and Wetsuits paddle-outs, it's been great to see so many emerging attorneys taking advantage of the plethora of events offered by the SDCBA. Getting "out there" and shaking hands with new and familiar faces is key to building your career.
In addition to attending programs, I also encourage you to utilize the many other great tools provided by your membership. Here are a few that come to mind:
- Forum and Section Listserves: As a member of the Forum for Emerging Lawyers or any SDCBA Section, the listserves are an amazing tool if you're looking for guidance, referrals, and more. Be sure to read the listserve guidelines.
- Publications: Read them! This Week at the Bar provides a weekly snapshot of SDCBA news and events. Ethics Quarterly summarizes issues and holdings of recent ethics-related cases. San Diego Lawyer provides in-depth coverage on topics ranging from technology to ethics, court updates (see the latest issue here) and more. And of course, For the Record is the SDCBA's publication just for you — newer lawyers — and every issue is a must-read, in my opinion.
- Bar Center at 401: Your "office away from your office," the member exclusive lounge and workspace provides everything you need to get work done, or to relax between court appearances.
- Benefits: If you aren't familiar with all of the exclusive discounts you receive on various products and tools, click here to check them out.
- Write! If you have a knack for writing, consider contributing to For the Record. Email Michael Olinik, For the Record's Editor in Chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org to bounce around ideas.
- Want to lead? Information on the Forum's Executive Committee will be available soon — be on the lookout for the details.
Hope to see you tonight at Wine Steals in Cardiff!