Make the Most of Your Membership
The Bar Center at 401
Your membership with the SDCBA gives you exclusive access to the centrally located, award-winning Bar Center at 401, the SDCBA's headquarters. Take advantage of:
- The SDCBA’s Member Only Lounge for working or networking
- Access to free conference or meeting space
- Free Wi-Fi, copying and printing
- Complimentary mail service
- Participation in exclusive free practice development and management programs
- And more! Take a virtual tour & find a full list of benefits here.
Your membership with the SDCBA affords you a wide variety of exclusive member benefits and discounts, including:
- Special rates on a full line of coverage for your practice from AHERN Insurance Brokerage
- Up to 25% off credit card processing fees from LawPay
- Free & discounted parking downtown with Ace Parking Frequent Parking Card
- And more! See a full list of benefits & providers here.
SDCBA’s Section and Committees
Membership in any of the SDCBA’s over 40 unique sections and committees provides the opportunity for SDCBA members to work together by educating one another and the community on substantive areas of law. Participation in any member community is now free and includes access to online shared resources and listserves, as well as leadership opportunities. For a full list of all SDCBA sections and committees, click here.
Become a Bar Leader
All SDCBA Members are eligible for a variety of leadership opportunities, including:
- The chance to serve on the executive committee of an SDCBA section or committee as a chair, vice chair or at large member
- Opportunities to help plan and produce a section CLE
- The chance to spearhead a community service project
Contact current section & committee chairs for more information about getting involved in these projects.
Join in our Community Service
The SDCBA facilitates many opportunities for members to volunteer & participate in meaningful community service projects. To find a volunteer opportunity, click here.
If you have ever thought about getting involved in the oversight and governance of the SDCBA, please consider running for the SDCBA Board of Directors. SDCBA Board nominations occur in the fall with elections taking place in November. Look for information about the nomination process in upcoming issues of This Week at the Bar.