The San Diego County Bar Association is the region's oldest and largest law-related organization. The voice for San Diego's diverse legal community, the SDCBA aims to support and inform the county's lawyers, but also the public and the community. Programs help clients find qualified lawyers, resolve disputes and educate San Diegans on their legal rights and responsibilities. The SDCBA, which encompasses 50 unique sections, committees and divisions, strives to provide members with knowledge and tools to expand and enrich their practices. From over 300 hours of quality continuing legal education each year, award winning publications, mentor programs and networking opportunities, to discounted pricing on insurance, office supplies and more, the SDCBA is dedicated to serving San Diego's lawyers. The SDCBA is headquartered in downtown San Diego.
The mission of the San Diego County Bar Association is to be San Diego County’s representative of the legal profession, serving the public and the profession by enhancing the legal system and promoting justice, professional excellence and respect for the law.
The goals of the SDCBA are as follows:
- To serve the needs of our members.
- To support and improve the justice system.
- To provide leadership on major issues affecting the profession and the community.
- To raise and maintain the professional and ethical standards of conduct of the bar.
- To promote a better understanding and improved perception of the justice system and the legal profession by the public.
- To preserve the independence of the legal profession and the judiciary.
- To promote meaningful access to justice for all persons regardless of their economic or social conditions.
- To promote diversity within the legal profession.
- To promote responsibility for public service by the profession.
- To build and maintain a strong financial and organizational infrastructure to carry out the goals of the Association.
To view a list of SDCBA Past-Presidents, click here.
For the San Diego Criminal Justice Memorial, click here.
To view the SDCBA Bar History's Legends of the Bar, click here.
San Diego County Bar Association
401 West A Street, Ste. 1100
San Diego, CA 92101
For a full list of staff contacts, click here.