Continuing Legal Education and Other Educational Programs
- Click here to see a full listing of UPCOMING LIVE CLE programs.
- Click here to see a full listing of PRE-RECORDED PROGRAMS AVAILABLE FOR CLE PARTICIPATORY CREDIT.
Why choose the SDCBA for your CLE and other Education Needs?
The SDCBA is your home for quality education and training programs. We are proud to offer more than 150 hours of continuing legal education programming each year at a discounted rate to our members. Whether you are new to practice, or are a seasoned attorney, our dynamic programs offer a unique and diverse perspective and includes collaboration with more than forty SDCBA Sections and Committees, local law related organizations, the ABA and the State Bar to provide the best programs in the county. Our programs offer:
- Recent legislature and hottest legal topics and trends
- Speakers who are recognized experts in their fields from across San Diego County, the state and the nation
- Specialization credit in the areas of Appellate, Estate Planning, Trust & Probate, Family Law and Tax as well
- A variety of program formats to suit your needs and busy schedule:
- Live, in person programs conducted at the Bar Center and locations around the county
- Live-streamed programs to view from the convenience of your home or office
- Web-based teleconferences
- Large group and smaller programs that foster member discussion
- 24 hour access to more than 40 pre-recorded programs for participatory not self study credit.
- A broad spectrum of legal issues and areas of law including:
- Programs intended to enhance practical skills and your law practice (Law Practice Management Series)
- Programs designed for new/emerging lawyers in their first four years of practice
- Programs designed to introduce attorneys to your local court and judges (Court Practice Series)
Interested in Sponsoring a Program?
Click here to review our Sponsorship Opportunities Guide
Attorneys in the state of California are required to complete 25 hours of MCLE courses every three years, including:
- 4 hours of Legal Ethics
- 1 hour of Competency Issues: Prevention/Detection/Treatment of Substance Abuse or Mental Illness
- 1 hour of Elimination of Bias
The SDCBA is an approved State Bar of California MCLE provider (Provider #2816) as well as an approved provider in Specialization Credit in the areas of:
- Appellate Law
- Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law
- Family Law
- Tax Law
View your CLE history
Did you know that you can track your CLE credits through the My SDCBA portion of the SDCBA website? Login and visit "My CLE History."