The SDCBA's LRIS is San Diego county's largest and most active lawyer referral service. LRIS has revised the criteria for its 40 panels (Subject Matter Panels) to fit the changing needs of today's legal market. Attoneys with 3-5 year's experience can join LRIS and grow their referral network.
Interested in joining LRIS?
All 40 panels have different criteria. To see the full summary: Subject Matter Panels.
Please download and complete the following. These 6 items will comprise your complete applciation:
1. General Application: Please complete and return the two-page LRIS general application Attorney Application (this application once downloaded is a fillable PDF);
2. The Membership Checklist;
3. A subject specific application. Applications to join each specific subject panel can be found here: Panel Applications
4. Letters of Recommendation: please provide two letters of recommendation detailing your professional qualifications for each panel application submitted: Letters of Recommendation.
5. Resume: please also provide your current resume or CV.
6. Proof of Insurance: please provide proof of your current malpractice coverage.
We ask that you send your complete application along with a non-refundable membership fee ($125 for San Diego County Bar Association (SDCBA) Members or $350.00 for Non-SDCBA members) and non-refundable application fee of $50 per panel application to the SDCBA attention:
Michelle Chavez, LRIS Director
San Diego County Bar Association - LRIS
401 West A Street, Ste. 1100
San Diego, CA 92101
Please make all checks payable to the SDCBA
LRIS applications are reviewed at the LRIS committee meetings on the fourth Monday of every month. Deadline for submission is the 15th of each month. LRIS will notify you when your application for membership has been approved.
- San Diego Rules of Operation
- California State Bar Minimum Standards
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact LRIS directly at 619-321-4150 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAQs on How to Join LRIS