Career Development Program
The SDCBA and The San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association are proud to announce the launch of the Career Development Program, an innovative course for new and experienced lawyers to engage with each other and the Bar in a way that will enrich the careers of all involved.
Please see the information below and link to the participation application if you are interested in getting involved in the Career Development Program.
SDCBA Career Development Roundtables in collaboration with The San Diego La Raza Lawyers Association:
Phase I - Attorney Roundtables (Leaders and Participants)
Phase II - Practicums
Phase III - Law Student Roundtables (Leaders and Participants)
Roundtable Participant Qualifications:
Roundtable participants must be licensed California attorneys, with less than nine years of experience, who commit to full participation in the roundtable. All Roundtable participants, leaders and mentees, agree to view each Roundtable as a place for genuine relationship building and learning.
Roundtable Leader Qualifications:
In appointing the Roundtable Leaders, the SDCBA President and Career Development Committee will require the following:
- At least 12-15 years of practice; and
- A mix of diverse experience; and
- Passion for the profession and to work with young/newer lawyers
The SDCBA recognizes the added responsibilities and time commitment and in exchange, the Roundtable Leaders will receive the following benefits:
- Free SDCBA Memberships for one-year; and
- An SDCBA Career Development Guidebook to assist them with a productive and meaningful curriculum; and
- Support from SDCBA Board Members, Committee Chairs, and Section Leaders; and
- A spotlight on them and their practice in one issue of the San Diego Lawyer Magazine and possibly other publications, etc.
For more information about how to get involved with this program, please click here to contact one of the Career Development Committee Chairs.
To view the 2016 Participant Materials, please click here.